Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Little Patriotic House Journey...


So what am I going to do with this project???
You will probably be shaking your head by the time I completely move in and decorate and say “so that’s what goes thru her head”.

The majority of the time (98%) I start something; I muse over it, make multitude of notes of ideas and possibilities and then the completed project has none to very little of the original concept in it.

That’s the part I love, I love the journey of creating. It’s like being on vacation - you know your end destination- you just don’t know what you are going to see or do along the route- yet you arrive as planned. Usually with a camera full of pictures and your brain full of memories.

So put on your seatbelt, it’s going to be a creative trip.

In my May posts, I have my America’s house project outlined in detail. Instructions and musings over what I did.

This little patriotic house is its gangly and awkward sibling. The poor little thing looks so unbalanced and bare. It has already a mix of scales (just like a tween during a growth spurt).
Exterior Spaces:
I am very excited about finishing the exterior spaces- I had so much fun on the previous project.

On the very top of the house, here are some of the ideas flitting thru my brain.
-decorate it as a yard or garden, with trees and flowers and bench to dream in
-decorate it as a interior room- living room or a kitchen with an eating space included
-decorate it as a combo- part can be interior conservatory like and the other the outside
space with foliage.

On the base-
-a parade of kids and pets
-greenery of all manners
-use the small indent at the base as an interior wall and showcase a special piece.

So far everything I have been thinking in is ¼” scale. So re-read the above and consider it all in multiple scales or throw in a “human” scale piece of memorabilia of great meaning.

I have to leave for mini club, “Ketchup Club”. We are starting are own versions of an altered miniature house inspired by “America’s House”, but we are going to use the Halloween theme. Spooky Cool!!

No comments: