Sunday, August 24, 2008

Historical and Hysterical Hauntings Theme Luncheon

I have the honor of hosting a theme luncheon at Greenville’s Small Scale Houseparty.
If you are registered for the houseparty , join me for a fun history lesson with a twist.

I have thoroughly enjoyed researching the history of hauntings in our Nationals capital. In the process I also learned quite a bit about the White House and it’s occupants and would love to share it all with you.

Hail to the Chief NAME 2008 E-3 Small Scale Regional Houseparty Greenville, S. C.
Saturday, Sept. 20th, 2008
TL4 - “Historical & Hysterical Hauntings” by Debby Basaraba
Fee: $85
The White House has much history to explore. Debby will be sharing reports of haunting throughout the years. Learn who’s been avoiding the Secret Service and roaming the many wings and rooms. Discover who saw whom and how they reacted. The participants will receive 3 gifts (one in each scale – ½”, ¼”, and 1/144th scale) that will be vivid reminders of historical hauntings at our country’s capital. Come join Debby for a wonderful lunch and an informal and fun history lesson.

I am including pictures of the gift(s) that you will receive. There is 1/144th scene of the East Wing, a ¼” scene honoring President Lincoln, and a ½” scale dimensional patriotic girl all incorporated into a “altered miniature” patriotic house.

The patriotic house is based on my “America’s House”. You have three enclosed rooms and multiple exterior spaces available to decorate with your favorite miniatures.

The pictures are of the actual gift that you will be receiving, I have also included some pictures from “America’s House” to give you inspiration of how you can finish this gift and make it your own. In my May post, I wrote detail instructions on how I made this much larger project and much more pictures.

I will be moving in and finishing off my personal patriotic altered house after the Greenville Houseparty- so many roundtables, and items from the sales room to choose from. And I will share it all with you.

To register, use your form from the NAME packet, or call Toni Cochran at NAME’s office
and join me for 1 ½ hours of food, fun, and friends.

No comments: