Monday, September 29, 2008

Greenville: NAME Small Scale Houseparty (part 2 of 4)

Saturday, Sept 20th.
The day started with registered workshops:

The President's Private Chambers1/4" ScaleLuci Hanson



In/Outdoor Wicker Furniture1/4" or 1/2" Scale Charrita Teague



The Lincoln Book1/4" Scale Suzanne Larson-Tamburo

Safari Themed Room Box 1/4" Scale Karen Benson

Poppy Plant1/4" or 1/2" Scale Susan Karatjas

Miniaturist's Workshop1/144th Scale Fran Sussman

Tying the Knot1/2" Scale Winifred Holloway
I took this class with Winifred, it was my first ½” scale class. I dressed two little dolls (yes they do have underwear on!!!) and decorated a mint tin- we did some gluing, some sewing, lots of laughing and learning from our instructor. Besides really liking the end product of the class, I was excited to learn some new techniques that I could use in my own projects. Winifred had so much to share- as well as my class mates. Across the room from me sat LouAnn Connelly from Indiana, and Reetta Stikes from Louville. Trinity- a 7 year old member accompanied her grandmother to this class. In conversation- I found out that they are RN’s, and they even work with miniatures in the hospital. These two special-dear women work with immature babies in the NICU. Truly they are blessed with strength and love. All I could tell them is that I work with immature doctors in the operating room, I will not be going to heaven for my conduct- but somewhere I am making points on a list. Oh,Oh, I just realized I should have said pre-mature babies, but I don’t think the doctor’s would like that description attached to them…… If anyone has email or snail mail address for Lynn and Reetta please share it with me!!! I need to contact them.

No comments: