Saturday, June 21, 2008

Fish, Fully Dressed for Dinner- a Mixed Media Morphus- A Art Doll.

I started as a fish grill found in the treasure shop known as the Goodwill.

Strange for an Altered Miniaturists who specializes in ¼” to 1” scale would hook up with a 2 ½ foot high by 7” wide piece of inspiration.

Nevertheless- the connection was made and I was placed in a cart with other items of delight and pleasure.

A yellow metal cone used in another dimension to hold a votive candle was given to me as a possible hat- or a purse….we will see if it with me in my final “mixed media morphus”.

I am not sure who I am yet or what I am- but I love myself and long to share that with others. My original shape seems to dictate to me my destiny.
Fish- Fish shape- I am not a mermaid, I am not a fish, I am not human…I am all of that and so much more.

I am waiting for my name to find me- a name that will celebrate my soul, announce my independence, and add color to my identity.

My shape is growing; stretching and morphing… first inclination was my frame as a body- no perhaps as an exo-skeleton, a piece of clothing that shields my reality, my tender form from piercing gazes.

A body of a fish made from foamcore perhaps- that is held within the metal bars to protect me- with a jointed tail that extends beyond the frame, free to twitch and dance on a summer evening.

Or would I like my body to be articulated as well???- In a fish bone shape??- interlocked by my thoughts, my desires and my intentions.

I see my exo-skeleton covered with color and words that guide, that are wise, words that make you question and look for all possible answers.

I still have no face, no head for my energy to stream from- should my face be long or perched quietly on-top??? Will I have a face with eyes??- Will those eyes see the world; will they let the world see me- a window to my soul??

A mouth- an orifice, a doorway for entry and exit- a symbol of constant change, I want a voice- not a soft voice, but a powerful articulate one that will make profound statements or a joke….

A nose- will I be able to smell??? Will I smell?? If I do I would want to be a smell that stimulates a wonderful moment from one’s past- a smell that promises potential, a smell that urges you to follow and move forward without ever forgetting where you have come from.

Will I have arms??- With hands of a human… or a hand that is webbed and interlocked with life. I would have beautiful nails and jewelry- lots of jewelry. I do not wear jewelry to draw attention to myself. I wear jewelry of my mind- precious thoughts converted into beautiful precious stones and metals. Shiny or muted- hard or malleable all of my jewels are born within me. I am free in giving my jewelry as gifts- a way to share my knowledge and basic good.

I am like an embryo- forming and growing- I can choose what to become, what to keep, what to discard… I am enjoying my journey of growth- my only limits are the one’s I impose on myself.

Who am I? What am I? The excitement grows……

1 comment:

Anna said...

I can't wait to see who you are, beautiful doll!