Sunday, June 1, 2008

Dry Spell- Dwelling time- waiting for the seeds of ideas to sprout.

I'm sitting here- just waiting for the seeds of ideas to sprout.
I certainly have planted enough seeds- soooo many ideas-----so little time----- well- right now----so not motivated or inspired.

Past lessons I have learned is the harder I push to make "something", nothing happens....


It's a strange feeling- like someone has disconnected a line.

In the meanwhile, I have been cruising thru peoples blogs and their posted art/picture galleries and multiple websites, books and magazines.
I love looking at what others have made, what they decided what was important enough to express it in "form". And the forms to choose from is many.


I admire glass artists who take molden glass and gracefully form it into art.(Talk about "hot air", while I have an abundance of my own- the only thing I am gifted at is forming "my foot in my mouth").




I love pottery- the balance of motion vs pressure and patience. (I have never tried it- and can imagine un-identified objects flying thru out my room if I ever did).






Then there is quilting and fabric art- I have made pieced quilts in the past- but to quilt the fantastic patterns is something I have never done yet.



Beaders are amazing- the shapes, the jewelry and the dimension that they are able to create is mind-numbing.
Gardeners who partner with Mother Nature to use plants and hard structures to express their selves.
Altered arts, miniaturists, photographers, graphic artists, painters, authors, weavers, cartoonists, cross- stitchers, cooks, hairstylist and children- all are makers of art.
My list could and would go on forever- why????
It is said and I agree that art is making something out of nothing, but I would extend it further,

Art is making something out of everything.

Playing in the mud making pies.... arranging flowers.... doll making... arranging vignettes... creating costumes...doodling....
daydreaming... pretending....imagine.....believe....I can create....soon....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is for the board to admire